1834 – The Kirtland High Council met to the discussion of the charges of misconduct against Joseph Smith by Sylvester Smith. As a result of their investigation, a resolution was approved that the Prophet “acted in every respect worthy his high and responsible station in this Church . . . and is still worthy of our esteem and fellowship’ (History of the Church, 2:148).
1835 – The Prophet Joseph Smith returns to Kirtland, Ohio, after his visit to the Saints in Michigan. (History of the Church, 2:253)
1836 – The Prophet Joseph Smith is in Salem, Massachusetts, until sometime in September.
1837 – The Prophet Joseph Smith is in Canada, preaching, baptizing, and blessing the Saints. He returns to Kirtland the last part of August. The Saints in Missouri begin to settle their new town of Far West during this time.
1838 – The Prophet Joseph Smith conducts business in Far West, Missouri.
1839 – The Prophet Joseph Smith spends his time among the sick in Nauvoo, Illinois. Sickness is reported to be decreasing.
1840 – The Prophet Joseph Smith crosses the Mississippi River into Iowa and meets with the Saints living there. During a meeting there the Saints vote unanimously to build a city to be called Nashville about three miles down river from Nauvoo on the Iowa side of the River.
1843 – Mayor Joseph Smith spent the day in mayor’s court and tried several cases.
1940 – Brigham Young, a movie produced by Darryl F. Zanuck and one of the first Hollywood motion pictures to portray the Church in a positive way, has its world premiere in Salt Lake City, Utah. It stars Dean Jagger, who later joins the Church.
1970 – The first stake is organized in West Virginia.
1981 – The national headquarters of the National Society of Sons of Utah Pioneers in Salt Lake City, Utah, is dedicated by President Gordon B. Hinckley of the First Presidency.
1995 – President Thomas S. Monson of the First Presidency, and his wife, Frances, welcomed the King and Queen of Sweden to the grounds of the Stockholm Temple.
2015 – The Indianapolis Indiana Temple was dedicated by President Henry B. Eyring, first counselor in the First Presidency.